World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Conservatori Superior de Música del Liceu

Article Id: WHEBN0000679714
Reproduction Date:

Title: Conservatori Superior de Música del Liceu  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Liceu, Arts organizations established in 1837, Carles Santos, Manuel Oltra, Federico Mompou
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Conservatori Superior de Música del Liceu

Conservatori Superior de Música del Liceu (Catalan pronunciation: ) is a music college in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. It was created in 1837 with the name Liceo Filo-dramático de Montesión.

In 1847 the Institution inaugurated the opera house Gran Teatre del Liceu. In 1854 The Liceo Filarmónico and the Gran Teatre del Liceu separated administratively. Nevertheless, both entities have always remained closely linked.

Among its students have been, among other, artists as: singers Francisco Viñas, Maria Barrientos, Josefina Huguet, Conchita Supervía, Mercedes Capsir, Elvira de Hidalgo, Miguel Fleta, Victoria de los Ángeles, Jaume Aragall, Montserrat Caballé, Manuel Ausensi, José Carreras, Eduard Giménez, Dalmacio González, Juan Pons, Nuria Rial, Josep Bros; guitarist Renata Tarragó; pianist Frank Marshall or composers Leonardo Balada, Lluís Benejam, Agusti Grau Joan Guinjoan, Joan Lamote de Grignon, Ricard Lamote de Grignon, Frederic Mompou, Carles Santos, Manuel Valls, and Joaquim Zamacois. Many of them also became professors there upon completion of their studies, including Renata Tarragó. Among the professors there were Catalan composers Enric Morera, Graciano Tarragó and German composer Engelbert Humperdinck.

Since 1999 Maria Serrat i Martín assume the General Direction and in 2002 the Spanish composer and musicologist Benet Casablancas assumed the academic direction of the Conservatori Superior de Música del Liceu.

Gran Teatre del Liceu

External links

  • Conservatori Superior de Música del Liceu website (in Catalan, Spanish and English)


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.