World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Wtli

Article Id: WHEBN0008102684
Reproduction Date:

Title: Wtli  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Petoskey, Michigan, Ocqueoc Township, Michigan, Onaway, Michigan, Northern Michigan, Smile FM, List of radio stations in Michigan, 89.3 FM
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Wtli

WTLI
City of license Bear Creek Township, Michigan
Broadcast area Petoskey, Michigan
Branding Smile FM
Slogan Michigan's Positive Hits
Frequency 89.3 MHz
First air date November 2, 1999
Format Religious; Contemporary Christian
ERP 17,000 watts
HAAT 312 meters
Class C1
Callsign meaning The Light
Affiliations Smile FM
Owner Superior Communications
Webcast http://www.smile.fm/streaming/
Website http://www.smile.fm/

WTLI is a non-commercial, contemporary Christian FM radio station licensed to broadcast from Bear Creek Township and Boyne City, Michigan. The transmitter is located west of Vanderbilt, Michigan on the WFUP-TV channel-45 tower. The station broadcasts on 89.3 MHz and is owned by Superior Communications (aka Michigan Community Radio and Northland Community Broadcasters), which is owned by Jennifer and Edward Czelada.

The call letters stand for "The Light", the positioner the station went by until June 2004 when all "The Light" and "Joy FM" stations owned by Superior Communications merged to form Smile FM. All programming with local inserts originates at WLGH in Lansing.

Originally the station broadcast with 6 kW from the 1023 foot tower of WFUP. In May 2005 it increased its power to 17 kW.

On October 28, 2008, the station received a Construction Permit from the FCC to increase power to 50 kW. Once completed this will improve coverage in the Mackinac and Traverse City areas.

References

  • Michiguide.com - WTLI History

External links

  • Query the FCC's FM station database for WTLI
  • Radio-Locator information on WTLI
  • Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WTLI

Coordinates: 45°10′12″N 84°45′04″W / 45.1700°N 84.7511°W / 45.1700; -84.7511


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.