World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

Wudinna District Council

Wudinna District Council
South Australia
Location of the Wudinna District Council (formerly Le Hunte)
Population 1,314[1]
Established 1925
Area 5,393.8 km2 (2,082.6 sq mi)
Mayor Timothy Scholz
Council seat Wudinna
Region Central Eyre Peninsula
State electorate(s) Flinders
Federal Division(s) Grey
Lehunte logo.png
Website
LGAs around Wudinna District Council:
Outback Areas Community Development Trust
District Council of Streaky Bay Wudinna District Council District Council of Kimba
District Council of Elliston District Council of Cleve

Wudinna District Council is located in central Eyre Peninsula, South Australia. Established on 28 May 1925 as The District Council of Minnipa, the name was later changed to Le Hunte after Sir George Ruthven Le Hunte, Governor of South Australia, who proclaimed the County of Le Hunte in 1908. The name was officially changed to Wudinna District Council from the District Council of Le Hunte on 24 April 2008.

The district's service centre is Wudinna, located on the Eyre Highway 580 km west of Adelaide. The districts economy is largely driven by Agriculture, mainly cereal crops, with beef and sheep commonly farmed as well.

Localities

The district encompasses a number of towns and areas, with the major towns being:

Localities in the district are Chilpuddie, Cocata, Condada, Cootra, Koongawa, Nantuma, Panery, Pinbong, Poldinna and Pygery.

Facilities

The area has a number of sporting facilities with football, cricket, tennis and bowls all popular pastimes. Swimming pools are also located at Wudinna and Minnipa. The district also has a number of schools and a hospital.

Elected Members

Chairman: Tim R Scholz

CEO: Alan McGuire

Councillors:

  • Jeffrey Frischke
  • Paul May
  • Eleanor Scholz
  • Greg DuBois
  • Craig Walladge
  • Neville Scholz

References

External links

  • Council website
  • Local Government Association of South Australia website

Coordinates: 33°02′49″S 135°27′36″E / 33.047°S 135.46°E / -33.047; 135.46

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.