World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Academy of the Holy Names (Florida)

Article Id: WHEBN0006333201
Reproduction Date:

Title: Academy of the Holy Names (Florida)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Tampa Catholic High School, Jesuit High School (Tampa), Roman Catholic secondary schools in Florida, Academy of the Holy Names, Educational institutions established in 1881
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Academy of the Holy Names (Florida)

Academy of the Holy Names
Academy of the Holy Names
To be, rather than to seem.
Address
3319 Bayshore Boulevard
Tampa, Florida, (Hillsborough County), 33629
United States
Coordinates
Information
Type Private
Religious affiliation(s) Roman Catholic
Established July 17, 1881
Founder Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary
President Mr. Arthur Raimo
Principal Bridgid Fishman (ES)
Sr. Ann Regan (HS)
Grades PK to 12
Gender Co-ed (PK-8)
Girls (9-12)
Number of students 920
Student to teacher ratio 15:1
Campus size 19 acres (77,000 m2)
Color(s) Navy and Gold         
Mascot Jaguar
Team name Jaguars
Accreditation Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Florida Council of Independent Schools, Florida Catholic Conference, Florida Kindergarten Council
Publication EXCURSIONS (student literary magazine) AND ACCORD (school magazine)
Newspaper ACHONA
Yearbook ECHOES
Director of Admissions Pam Doherty (A'87)
Athletic Director Kevin Vargas
Assistant Athletic Director Chris Severini
Website

The Academy of the Holy Names in Tampa, Florida is an independent, Catholic, coeducational elementary school and a college preparatory high school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. It is also the oldest Catholic school on Florida's West Coast and the second oldest high school in the state.[1]


References

  1. ^ http://southtampa.patch.com/articles/plaque-marks-oldest-school-in-tampa
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.