World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

DOVO Solingen

 

DOVO Solingen

The DOVO Solingen logo
The Merkur logo. The Solingen logo, under the main Merkur logo, is the trademark of the place and as such it is shared by all Solingen based manufacturers
Poster of the DOVO Meisterwerke in Solingen. This shows the names of the original owners (as the DOVO brand name was not yet used) and the original location of the factory.

DOVO Solingen, or DOVO Steelware, or DOVO, is an independent German company, based in Solingen. They are a manufacturer of scissors, shaving equipment such as straight razors and safety razors, as well as manicure tools.[1] Shaving equipment and razors are produced by Merkur Solingen, a subsidiary of DOVO.[2]

DOVO was founded in 1906. The name derives from the last names of the original founders Carl Dorp + Carl Arthur Voos.[3]

As of 31 December 2001, the company employed 86 staff, who produced a daily output of 1200 scissors, 900 nippers, and 150 open razors and shavers. 75% of these products were exported to other countries, while the remaining 25% were sold in Germany.[2]

Merkur 38C & Double Edge Blades. An example of current Merkur DE safety razor design and double edge blade packaging.
DOVO straight razor.

See also

References

  1. ^ DOVO - Products
  2. ^ a b Shackleford, Steve (5 January 2010). Blade's Guide to Knives & Their Values. Iola, Wisconsin: Krause Publications. p. 68.  
  3. ^ DOVO - History

External links

  • DOVO Solingen
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.