World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Deggendorf (district)

Article Id: WHEBN0000246932
Reproduction Date:

Title: Deggendorf (district)  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Künzing, Dingolfing-Landau, Niederalteich, Bavaria, Deggendorf (district)
Collection: 1936 Establishments in Germany, Deggendorf (District), Districts of Bavaria
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Deggendorf (district)


Deggendorf is a district in Bavaria, Germany. It is bordered by (from the north and clockwise) the districts of Regen, Freyung-Grafenau, Passau, Rottal-Inn, Dingolfing-Landau and Straubing-Bogen.

Contents

  • History 1
  • Geography 2
  • Coat of arms 3
  • Towns and municipalities 4
  • References 5
  • External links 6

History

The district was established in 1936. Minor changes of the borders occurred in 1972 and led to the present form of the district.

Geography

The Danube river runs through the district from west to east, dividing it into two unequal regions. North of the Danube the Bavarian Forest rises steeply. In the south there is relatively plain countryside. The Isar river enters the district in the south and meets the Danube close to the city of Deggendorf.

Coat of arms

Coat of arms The double eagle was the symbol of the monastery of Metten, which was the first Christian outpost in the region. The blue line stands for the river Danube, the green hills symbolise the Bavarian Forest.

Towns and municipalities

Towns Municipalities
  1. Deggendorf
  2. Osterhofen
  3. Plattling
  1. Aholming
  2. Auerbach
  3. Außernzell
  4. Bernried
  5. Buchhofen
  6. Grafling
  7. Grattersdorf
  8. Hengersberg
  9. Hunding
  10. Iggensbach
  11. Künzing
  1. Lalling
  2. Metten
  3. Moos
  4. Niederalteich
  5. Oberpöring
  6. Offenberg
  7. Otzing
  8. Schaufling
  9. Schöllnach
  10. Stephansposching
  11. Wallerfing
  12. Winzer

References

External links

  • Official website (German)

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.