World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Gare de Versailles - Rive Droite

Article Id: WHEBN0027315844
Reproduction Date:

Title: Gare de Versailles - Rive Droite  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Réseau Saint-Lazare, Tramway de Versailles
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Gare de Versailles - Rive Droite

Versailles - Rive Droite
Transilien commuter rail station
Station statistics
Address

40 rue du Maréchal Foch

78000 Versailles
Coordinates

48°48′35″N 2°8′5″E / 48.80972°N 2.13472°E / 48.80972; 2.13472

Line(s) [T]L
Connections bus
Platforms 1 central
Tracks 2 at platform + 9 siding
Other information
Opened 4 August 1839
Owned by RFF / SNCF
Fare zone 4
Traffic
Passengers ()17000
Services
Preceding station   Transilien   Following station
Terminus Transilien

Versailles - Rive-Droite (French pronunciation: ​[veʁsaij ʁiv dʁwat]) is a railway station in the Parisian suburb of Versailles in the département of Yvelines. The western terminus of the Paris-Versailles railway line, it is situated in the Notre-Dame section of the town.

History

James Mayer de Rothschild received the concession to build a rail line from Paris to Versailles. Designed by state engineers, the line shared a common trunk from Gare Saint-Lazare to Asnières-sur-Seine. The line was opened by the sons of Louis-Philippe on 2 August 1839.

The station was designed by the architect Alfred Armand.

The Station

The station is served by line L trains of the Transilien Paris - Saint Lazare network. It is the terminus of the eponymous branch of the Transilien L South network.

It is one of five stations in Versailles. It is a terminal station with two tracks at platform, as well as six siding tracks and two yard leads, and serves as a coach yard for line L South.

See also


This article incorporates information from this version of the equivalent article on the français World Heritage Encyclopedia.
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.