World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

MSU Faculty of Geography

Article Id: WHEBN0004515485
Reproduction Date:

Title: MSU Faculty of Geography  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Moscow State University, Arctic Lowlands, Lisbon Geographic Society, Notre Dame and Mégantic Mountains, University of Sydney School of Geosciences
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

MSU Faculty of Geography

Faculty of Geography Lomonosov Moscow State University
Географический факультет МГУ имени М.В. Ломоносова
Rector Viktor Sadovnichiy
Dean Nikolay Kasimov
Location Moscow, Russia
Campus Urban
Website [1]

MSU Faculty of Geography (Russian: Географический факультет МГУ) is a faculty of Moscow State University, created in 1938 by order #109 dated 23 July 1938. It is the largest collective of geographers in the world: 780 researchers, 1100 students and 200 post-graduates are working at the facility. The faculty consists of 15 departments:

Physical geography branch
  • Department of Physical Geography and Landscape Science
  • Department of Geomorphology and Paleogeography
  • Department of Geochemistry of Landscapes and Soil Geography
  • Department of Biogeography
  • Department of Glaciology and Cryolithology
  • Department of Hydrology
  • Department of Meteorology and Climatology
  • Department of Oceanology
Geoecological branch
  • Department of Physical Geography of the World and Geoecology
  • Department of Environmental Management
Mathematical geography branch
  • Department of Mapping and Geoinformatics
Human geography branch
  • Department of Geography of World Economy
  • Department of [Department of Economic And Social Geography of Russia|Economic And Social Geography of Russia]]
  • Department of Social-Economic Geography of foreign countries
  • Department of Recreational Geography and Tourism

External links

  • Official site of the faculty
  • The Information on a site of Moscow State University

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.