Matzuva

Matzuva
מַצּוּבָה
Hebrew transcription(s)
 • official Mazzuva
 • unofficial Matzuba
Matzuva
Matzuva

Coordinates: 33°3′47.87″N 35°9′29.52″E / 33.0632972°N 35.1582000°E / 33.0632972; 35.1582000Coordinates: 33°3′47.87″N 35°9′29.52″E / 33.0632972°N 35.1582000°E / 33.0632972; 35.1582000

District North
Council Mateh Asher
Region Western Galilee
Affiliation Kibbutz Movement
Founded 1940
Founded by German Jews

Matzuva (Hebrew: מַצּוּבָה), also known as Matzuba, is a kibbutz in the Western Galilee in northern Israel. Located south of the development town of Shlomi, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Asher Regional Council. In 2011 it had a population of 600.

The village was established in 1940 by immigrants from Germany, members of the Maccabi HaTzair youth movement. It was named after the nearby Matzuva antiquities.

Economy

Due to economic problems, the kibbutz textile factory closed down in 2003.[1]In 2011, the kibbutz won awards for its avocado harvests. It operates a volunteer program and an ulpan for Hebrew language acquisition. [2]

See also

  • Matzuva attack

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.