World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Netiv HaShayara

Article Id: WHEBN0018660605
Reproduction Date:

Title: Netiv HaShayara  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Mateh Asher Regional Council, Chronology of the Jewish settlement in the land of Israel in modern times
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Netiv HaShayara

Netiv HaShayara
נְתִיב הַשַּׁיָּרָה
Hebrew transcription(s)
 • unofficial Nativ HaShayara
Netiv HaShayara
Netiv HaShayara

Coordinates: 32°59′40.92″N 35°8′12.48″E / 32.9947000°N 35.1368000°E / 32.9947000; 35.1368000Coordinates: 32°59′40.92″N 35°8′12.48″E / 32.9947000°N 35.1368000°E / 32.9947000; 35.1368000

Council Mateh Asher
Region Western Galilee
Affiliation Moshavim Movement
Founded 1950
Founded by Iraqi and Persian Jews
Name meaning Path of the Convoy

Netiv HaShayara (Hebrew: נְתִיב הַשַּׁיָּרָה, lit. Path of the Convoy) is a moshav in northern Israel. Located near Nahariya, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Asher Regional Council. In 2005 it had a population of about 400.

The village was established in 1950 by immigrants from Iran and Iraq, on lands of the depopulated Palestinian village of Al-Ghabisiyya. It was originally named "Doveh" ("plenty"), and later named after the Yehiam convoy (Shayeret Yehiam), which tried to break into the besieged Yehiam during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.[1]

References

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.