World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article
 

North Central Michigan College

North Central Michigan College
300x67
Motto Your growth. Our mission.
Established 1958
Type Community College
Chairman Phil Millard
President Dr. Cameron Brunet-Koch
Vice-president Dr. Peter Olson
Academic staff
30 full time
130 adjunct
Students 2,900
Location Petoskey, Michigan, USA
Campus Petoskey with three extension centers (Cheboygan, Gaylord, East Jordan)
Colors Blue and Gold         
Mascot Fighting Ferrets
Website ncmich.edu

North Central Michigan College (NCMC) is Michigan's 12th community college; it was established in 1958 in Petoskey, Michigan.

History

Development of the current campus began in 1962, when the college bought 10 acres (40,000 m2) of land, and later 120 adjacent acres (known locally as the "Russian Swamp"—now the college’s natural area) on Howard Street. By 1963 the first buildings were completed and some classes were held on the new campus at 1515 Howard Street. A chemistry building, heating plant and temporary library were the first structures to be built, and over the next few years more land was purchased for additional facilities. Most buildings were constructed in the late 1960s. The Library/Conference Center was added in 1984.

The Student and Community Resource Center was completed in 2001. The Center has physical education and recreation facilities, an expanded college bookstore, and the College’s Learning Support Services, which include open computer labs, a tutoring center, assessment and testing facilities, and study areas.

The latest addition to the campus is the Health Education and Science Center, a 23,300 square-foot building to house biology, chemistry, Earth science and physics laboratories, classrooms and office space for faculty and staff. a renovation of the previous science laboratory space created 17,150 square feet of instructional space for nursing labs and general-purpose classrooms.[1]

References

  1. ^ http://www.ncmich.edu/healthy/healthy.php

External links

  • North Central Michigan College's Website


This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.