World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

St. Angela's College, Sligo

Article Id: WHEBN0006600114
Reproduction Date:

Title: St. Angela's College, Sligo  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Sligo, National University of Ireland, Education in County Sligo, Buildings and structures of NUI Galway, NUI Galway
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

St. Angela's College, Sligo

St. Angela's College, Sligo
Coláiste San Aingeal, Sligeach
Established 1952
Type Roman Catholic
President Dr Anne Taheny
Location Sligo, Ireland
Affiliations NUI (1978-2005),
National University of Ireland, Galway(2005-)
Website http://www.stangelas.nuigalway.ie/

St. Angela's College, Sligo is a college of the National University of Ireland, Galway since 2006. Prior to this, since 1978, the college was a recognised college of the National University of Ireland. St. Angela’s College, Sligo was founded by the Ursuline Order in 1952.

The college is located outside the town of Sligo, Ireland, on the shores on Lough Gill. It focuses primarily on education and nursing courses.

The college offers courses in Home Economics teacher training with one of four options (Economics and Consumer Studies, Gaeilge, Biology and Science, Religious Education). Other courses on offer include: Nursing degrees, Bachelor of Arts in Economics and the Bachelor of Applied Science in Food Studies to name a few.

In 2007 with the closure of St Catherine’s College of Education for Home Economics, Sion Hill, Blackrock Dublin, St Angela's became the centre for Home Economics education in Ireland.[1] [2]

Recently erected on the college campus are: 4* student accommodation, a laundrette, a take away and a Mace store.

External links

  • St. Angela's College, Sligo

References

  1. ^ St. Catherines College of Home Economics(Sion Hill) official website
  2. ^ Minister urged to reverses closure of college By John Walshe, Education Editor, Irish Independent, Monday September 06 2004
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.