World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Taverny

Article Id: WHEBN0001908887
Reproduction Date:

Title: Taverny  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: A115 autoroute, Benjamin Godard, Paris Metropolitan Area, Eaubonne, Deuil-la-Barre
Collection: Communes of Val-D'Oise
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Taverny

Taverny
The church of Our Lady, in Taverny
The church of Our Lady, in Taverny
Coat of arms of Taverny
Coat of arms
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
Coordinates:
Country France
Region Île-de-France
Department Val-d'Oise
Arrondissement Pontoise
Canton Taverny
Government
 • Mayor (2014–2020) Florence Portelli (UMP)
Area1 10.48 km2 (4.05 sq mi)
Population (2006)2 26,496
 • Density 2,500/km2 (6,500/sq mi)
INSEE/Postal code 95607 / 95150
Elevation 55–188 m (180–617 ft)

1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.

2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.

Taverny is a commune in the northwestern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 21.2 km (13.2 mi) from the center of Paris.

Inhabitants are called Tabernacians.

History

In 1806 the commune of Taverny merged with the neighboring commune of Saint-Leu, resulting in the creation of the commune of Saint-Leu-Taverny.

In 1821 the commune of Saint-Leu-Taverny was demerged. Thus, Taverny and Saint-Leu were both restored as separate communes.

On 30 March 1922, a part of the territory of Taverny was detached and merged with a part of the territory of Montigny-lès-Cormeilles and a part of the territory of Pierrelaye to create the commune of Beauchamp.

Transport

Taverny is served by two stations on the Transilien Paris – Nord suburban rail line: Vaucelles and Taverny.

Air force base 921

Air force base 921 which hosts

This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.