World Library  
Flag as Inappropriate
Email this Article

Zaberfeld

Article Id: WHEBN0010037925
Reproduction Date:

Title: Zaberfeld  
Author: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Language: English
Subject: Heilbronn (district), Heilbronn, List of postal codes in Germany, List of dialling codes in Germany, Lauffen am Neckar, Güglingen, Pfaffenhofen, Baden-Württemberg, Zabergäu Railway
Collection:
Publisher: World Heritage Encyclopedia
Publication
Date:
 

Zaberfeld

Zaberfeld

Coat of arms
Zaberfeld
Zaberfeld

Coordinates: 49°3′N 8°56′E / 49.050°N 8.933°E / 49.050; 8.933Coordinates: 49°3′N 8°56′E / 49.050°N 8.933°E / 49.050; 8.933

Country Germany
State Baden-Württemberg
Admin. region Stuttgart
District
Subdivisions 4
Government
 • Mayor Thilo Michler
Area
 • Total 22.18 km2 (8.56 sq mi)
Elevation 228 m (748 ft)
Population (2012-12-31)[1]
 • Total 3,905
 • Density 180/km2 (460/sq mi)
Time zone CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)
Postal codes 74374
Dialling codes 07046
Vehicle registration HN
Website www.zaberfeld.de

Germany.

Geography

Zaberfeld lies in the Zabergäu, in the southwestern corner of the Heilbronn district, at the head of the Zaber river.

Neighboring communities

Zaberfeld's neighbouring towns and communities are (clockwise, beginning in the north): Eppingen, Pfaffenhofen (both in the Heilbronn district), Sachsenheim (Ludwigsburg district), Sternenfels (Enzkreis), Kürnbach and Sulzfeld (both in the Karlsruhe district).

Base communities

The district of Zaberfeld is formed from Zaberfeld, Leonbronn, Michelbach and Ochsenburg.

History

Zaberfeld was probably founded in 1000 AD. In 1321, it was ruled by the Herren von Magenheim of Baden. In 1355, Zaberfeld came under the rule of Württemberg and in 1749 became part of Württemberg. From 1390 to 1749 it was ruled by the Herren von Sternenfels as part of Württemberg under a feudal governing system. From 1807 to 1810 it was part of the Oberamt Güglingen. In 1810 it became part of Oberamt Brackenheim, until the breakup of Landkreis Heilbronn in 1938.

Michelbach was first recorded in 1276. In 1356 it came under the control of Württemberg which continued until 1749. In 1970 it was amalgamated with Zaberfeld.

Ochsenburg, was first recorded in 1231. It started as a small settlement and became a town in 1807. After the breakup of the settlement in the 1900s the town name Ochsenberg was briefly adopted. The change of name was desired by the town but was later cancelled.

Leonbronn was known as Lincbrunnen 1289. In 1971 it was merged with Ochsenburg into the new community of Burgbronn, which became part of Zaberfeld in 1975.

Dates of the formation of the villages into the present town

  • On 1 July 1970, Zaberfeld and Michelbach am Heuchelberg joined to form the new town of Zaberfeld.
  • On 1 January 1971, Leonbronn and Ochsenburg joined to form the new town of Burgbronn.
  • On 1 January 1975, Zaberfeld and Burgbronn joined to form the new town of Zaberfeld.

Religion

Each of the former independent villages has their own Protestant church and parish. Pastoral care for Catholics is provided by a church dedicated to the Holy Trinity.

Politics

Local Government

The local government of Zaberfeld consists of 14 seats on the local council whose chairman is the mayor. The last elections took place on 13 June 2004.

Structures

References

External links

  • DMOZ
This article was sourced from Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. World Heritage Encyclopedia content is assembled from numerous content providers, Open Access Publishing, and in compliance with The Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act (FASTR), Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., Public Library of Science, The Encyclopedia of Life, Open Book Publishers (OBP), PubMed, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (NIH), U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, and USA.gov, which sources content from all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial government publication portals (.gov, .mil, .edu). Funding for USA.gov and content contributors is made possible from the U.S. Congress, E-Government Act of 2002.
 
Crowd sourced content that is contributed to World Heritage Encyclopedia is peer reviewed and edited by our editorial staff to ensure quality scholarly research articles.
 
By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. World Heritage Encyclopedia™ is a registered trademark of the World Public Library Association, a non-profit organization.
 



Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World eBook Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.